Monday, January 27, 2014

Felicity is 3. {belated b-day update}


The intention of this blog originally was to catalog the growing up of my kiddos. Hasn't happened that way and I'm totally okay with that, but got to thinking that perhaps I could manage an annual 'update' on birthdays as to who my little humans are so that I don't forget. Because I realize that I do, for these moments are passing so quickly. And this way, maybe you can get a couple of chuckles and I can get a couple of prayers when I share this little booger-pill that I love so much with you. However, this post is a day shy of one month late. But whatevs.


This girl. She keeps me laughing and praying and pulling my hair out. She is a big-drama-mama and I'm sure sometimes our neighbors wonder how one child can make so much noise. Because the truth is that a cry about an unkind word or an unshared toy sounds pretty much the exact same as a life-threatening injury. And the rate at which it can turn off and on is next to the speed of light. 

But, as she grows and I'm confronted with learning to parent one who has some mad skills of manipulation, there some things that are frighteningly close to the person I see in the mirror. {probably that big-drama-mama stuff. *sigh*}

I'll share some fun things this girl does that I love and some things we are working on in a letter to her from me that I look forward to sharing with her as she grows up.

My dear Felicity Noel,

What love I have for you... and how much fun I have had being your mommy and watching you grow this year into a 'big 3 year old girl'. This year, you learned to share a room with your big sister and let's be honest... It was rough, huh? It took quite some time to learn to stay in your bed instead of joining Payslie(awake or not) to chat it up for hours. I think we are both glad that you are doing better with that.

One of my favorite things this year has been watching you become a big sister... what a great one you are! From the time Mercy was born, any cry she made had you running to her side to sing her "You are My Sunshine". You just loved when she would stop fussing so that she could listen to your singing. Now that she is getting older and crawling around, you are very serious about picking up EVERYTHING so that it is safely out-of-reach of her exploring grip. 

I'm pretty sure that there is a little ballerina just waiting to burst out of you because I've never met a girl who loved to twirl as much as you do. Dress-up is a favorite of yours along with any skirt that is a 'twirler'. And those little black flats that are so beat up they look like they belong in the garbage? you love those things... your 'tip-toe shoes'. 

                                    
You love playing Doctor and your name is always Dr. Molly. You LOVE digging in the dirt and taking care of babies which you affectionately call your 'honeys'. 

You are a pretty good little eater except for the fact that you won't eat PB&J. You're 3.. what's up with that?? oh, and potatoes. (except I can't blame you there.)

You don't like shadows or bugs(of any sort). You love books, especially the look-n-finds. You also like to color... however, you really aren't very trustworthy when it comes to keeping crayons, markers, or pens on paper only.

Not sure where you got this;), but you have a knack for debate and are a natural negotiator. I think this spells T-R-O-U-B-L-E.



You have an exuberant zest for life... as we work on self-control, I pray I never squash this in you. I love your excitement. You live entirely in the moment, abandoned to whatever it is that you are feeling right then... good or bad. Sometimes, I see that glint of a rebel in your eyes. I think you like rocking the boat a bit.(or a lot.) And you know what? I think if we ask Jesus for His help, that can be a really good thing. Because you know who else rocked the boat? Jesus did. And I want you to be like Him. Remember that special night this year? when you asked Jesus to come live in your heart so you could be with Him forever? I'm telling you, girl of mine, He is always faithful. He is gonna teach us how to channel that spontaneity and spunk for good stuff!


    


I can't believe it's been 3 years(and some days) since my world was blessed with all the laughter you brought into it. I'm so very thankful for you, my precious one. 

                                     

1 comment:

  1. Oh Felicity, sure love that girl and all the personality that comes with her!!

    ReplyDelete